Books I Want To Read Before I Turn 18!

I would be lying if I said this wasn't more for my own reference than anything else. In the next just under 2 years I want to have read all of these... if that is a completely naive and unattainable aim then I'll limit it to 3/4 of the list. In no particular order and all that...

(By the way, I wrote this list on my phone a few months back and I have since read a couple, but I'll check each off next to it instead of deleting it.)

1. Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
2. Tinker Tailor Solider Spy by John le Carré
3. Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
4. A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens
5. The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
6. On the Road by Jack Kerouac
7. Catch-22 by Joseph Heller
8. War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
9. Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
10. All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque
11. Crime and Punishment by Fyodor Dostoyevsky
12. Les Miserables by Victor Hugo
13. Suite Francaise by Irène Némirovsky
14. Atonement by Ian McEwan (READ, ADORED.)
15. Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
16. Tess of the d'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy
17. David Copperfield by Charles Dickens
18. Mrs Dalloway by Virginia Woolf
19. A Passage to India by E.M. Forster
20. Birdsong by Sebastian Faulks
21. Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame
22. Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
23. The Colour Purple by Alice Walker
24. Swallows and Amazons by Arthur Ransome
25. Dracula by Bram Stoker
26. Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronë
27. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
28. Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt
29. Farneheight 451 by Ray Bradbury (Finished this mid-October and would strongly recommend.)
30. Life After Life by Kate Atkinson
31. Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
32. Midnight's Children by Salman Rushdie
33. The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster
34. The World According to Garp by John Irving
35. The Beach by Alex Garland
36. The Dream of a Common Language by Adrienne Rich
37. Even Cowgirls Get the Blues by Tom Robbins
38. The Sun Also Rises by Ernest Hemingway
39. The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan Kundera (I AM READING THIS RIGHT NOW AND IT IS RIDICULOUSLY LOVELY.)
40. Song of Solomon by Toni Morrison
41. You Shall Know Our Velocity by Dave Eggers
42. The Golden Notebook by Doris Lessing
43. Autobiography of Malcom X
44. Slaughterhouse 5 by Kurt Vonnegut
45. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey
46. A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
47. Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut
48. The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
49. The Spy Who Came in from the Cold by John le Carré
50. The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie by Muriel Spark
51. Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier
52. Captain Corelli's Mandolin by Louis de Bernieres
53. The Outsiders by S E Hinton
54. Joy Luck Club by Amy Tan
55. Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
56. Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas
57. The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas
58. Notes of a Native Son by James Baldwin
59. Night by Elie Wiesel


I am sorry it stops at 59 and not 60. I really am. Anyway, it is quite a lengthy and heavy list considering I should probably not be focusing so much on this and more on passing my GCSEs and A-levels before I turn 18 but there lies the challenge, eh?

If there is something I have left off of here that desperately should be included, let me know. Or, if you've read any of these and can convince me to bump it up the order without spoiling, go ahead.

Charlotte X

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment